The Sales Floor Leader provides leadership of day-to-day operations of the store and departments concerning merchandising, general store conditions, customer service, and promotions. Ensures a smooth-running operation with an exceptional customer experience. Provides direction to supervisors and department managers by goal setting, assigning tasks, training, and following up on performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directly supervise, schedule, and coordinate activities of Sales Floor crew and Department Managers.
- Duties include management functions, such as purchasing, budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
- Establish and enforce safety, health, and security rules and procedures.
- Hire, train, and evaluate employees: promote or release employees when appropriate.
- Manage staff headcount by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training new employees.
- Maintain sales staff job results by coaching, counseling, motivating, and appraising job results.
- Understanding of supply chain management.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to motivate, train, develop, and direct people as needed; to promote a healthy culture.
- Must be experience with scheduling staff and manage payroll expenses.
- Open to working nights and weekends to fulfill business demands.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.